Setting up Facebook's Conversion API lets you share key web events (i.e., actions fans take on your Hypeddit Download Gates, Link Gates, Pre-Saves and Smart Links) directly from Hypeddit's server to Facebook’s.
This can help prevent the loss of events data from your fans' ad blockers or browser privacy settings and improve the performance and measurement of your Facebook conversion ad campaigns.
Setting up your Facebook Conversion API ("CAPI") with Hypeddit is easy. To get started, please take the steps below to generate your unique Facebook Conversion API Access Token:
- Go to your "Facebook Events Manager" and click on "Settings" (see picture below).
- Scroll down a bit to "Conversions API" and click on "Generate access token" (see picture below).
- After Facebook generated your access token, click on the box to automatically copy the token to your clipboard (see picture below).
Please take note that Facebook does not store this token. You'll get a warning to save the token somewhere safe.
For best performance, we recommend that you store this token as one of your account-level tracking pixels in Hypeddit.
Here's how :
- Login to your Hypeddit account and go to your Account Settings. Scroll to the "Tracking pixels" section and click on the "+" button to add a new tracking pixel (see picture below).
- From the drop-down menu "Select tracking pixel type" select "Facebook CAPI token". Then enter a name for your pixel. We recommend you use the name of your Facebook Ads account so you can easily identify to which account the pixel belongs. Finally, paste your Facebook CAPI access token in the "Enter Pixel ID" box. Then, click "SAVE".
Now you can easily add your Facebook Conversion API token to the settings of any new Download Gate, Link Gate, Pre-Save or Smart Link in Hypeddit when you create it.
If you need more help, please reach out to our support team. Just go to hypeddit.com and click on the Support/Contact options at the top of the page or in the footer of the page to send us a message.