Connect Hypeddit to your email marketing tool (e.g., Mailchimp) so that you can automatically synchronize all fan email addresses captured by your Hypeddit Gates, Smart Links and Pre-Saves with your email list.
That way you don't have to manually export and import contacts. Once you connect Hypeddit with your email marketing tool, your email list will be updated automatically. That means you can send emails to your list anytime, knowing that all your new fans get your messages.
Hypeddit supports three automation apps that let you connect Hypeddit to your email marketing tool: IFTTT, Zapier and Integromat.
In this article, we'll show you how to connect Hypeddit to your email marketing tool (e.g., Mailchimp) using Zapier.
Zapier is a paid service that lets you connect supported apps so that they can "talk to each other".
What you need to get started:
- Hypeddit account
- Zapier Premium account
- Email marketing app (e.g., Mailchimp)
How to set it up :
- Login to Zapier and go to your dashboard. In the "Connect this app..." box, enter and select Webhooks by Zapier. In the "with this one!" field enter and select Mailchimp.
Two new box will show up, click on the "When this happen.." and select "Catch Raw Hook". And lastly, click on the "then do this!" box and select "Add/Update Subscriber". Finally, click on "Try it"(see picture below)
- On the next screen, click on "Choose app & event".
- Click on the "Trigger Event" box and select "Catch Hook". Then click "Continue".
- Now click on the "Copy" button on the Custom Webhook URL.
- On another browser tab, go to your Hypeddit Account settings and go to Automation. Paste the URL that we just copied in the Webhook URL Box. A message will be shown on the upper right that will say "Successfully Updated".
- Go back to your Zapier browser tab then, hit "Continue".
- Then click on "Test Trigger". Since you've added the Webhook URL to your Hypeddit account, it will send out a test record. You'll see a result similar to the one shown in the picture below.
Click on "Continue".
- Click on "Sign in to Mailchimp" then login to your Mailchimp account to allow the Zapier connection. Then click "Continue".
- Click on the "Audience" box. Then, select your Mailchimp list to which you want to add the names and email address of fans.
Next, click on the "Subscriber Email" box. Click on "Show all options", then select "Email Address".
- Scroll down a bit and you will find the "First Name" field. Click on it and select "Show all options". Select "Name". Then scroll down a bit more and click "Continue". Then scroll down again and click on "Test and Continue".
- A message above will be shown saying "Test was successful". Now, click on "Turn on Zap".
And done! You did it!
Once a fan completed all the gate steps in your Download Gate, the email address entered will automatically be sent to your contact list in MailChimp.
Congrats on completing this setup! And if you still need help, please reach out to our support team. Just go to hypeddit.com and click on the Support/Contact options at the top of the page or in the footer of the page to send us a message.