Connect Hypeddit to your email marketing tool (e.g., Mailchimp) so that you can automatically synchronize all fan email addresses captured by your Hypeddit Gates, Smart Links and Pre-Saves with your email list.
That way you don't have to manually export and import contacts. Once you connect Hypeddit with your email marketing tool, your email list will be updated automatically. That means you can send emails to your list anytime, knowing that all your new fans get your messages.
Hypeddit supports three automation apps that let you connect Hypeddit to your email marketing tool: IFTTT, Zapier and Integromat.
In this article, we'll show you how to connect Hypeddit to your email marketing tool (e.g., Mailchimp) using Integromat.
Integromat is a free service that lets you connect supported apps so that they can "talk to each other".
What you need to get started:
- Hypeddit account
- Integromat account
- Email marketing app (e.g., Mailchimp)
How to set it up :
- Go to your Integromat Dashboard and click on "Create a New Scenario" (see picture below)
- Search for "Webhooks" and click on the Webhooks Icon below.
- Search for "Mailchimp" (or any other email marketing software you use) and click on its icon below. Then hit "Continue" on the upper right part of the screen.
- Start setting up your Integromat scenario by clicking on "Webhooks" (see picture below)m then select "Custom webhook" on the next prompt.
- Now click on "Add" and assign a name for the webhook. In this example, we'll use the default name ("My gateway-webhook webhook"). Then click "Save".
- Now, click on "Copy address to clipboard". Then, open a new browser tab and login to Hypeddit.com (please don't close your Integromat browser tab).
- In your Hypeddit Account Settings, go to "Automation". Paste the Webhook URL in the URL field, then click "NEXT". A message will pop-up in the upper right corner to confirm that your webhook URL in Hypeddit has been "Successfully Updated".
- Now go back to your Integromat browser tab. A green message will be show up that the Webhook was "Successfully Determined". Click "OK" to continue.
- We'll now add the Mailchimp module. Click on the small semi-circle beside the Webhook icon (see picture below) then click on "Mailchimp".
- Select "Add/Update a Subscriber" from the list shown.
- Click on the "Add" button, then click on "Continue". A pop-up screen will show up so you can login with your Mailchimp account. Follow the prompt to complete the Mailchimp connection.
- Once you've completed the Mailchimp connection, you can now select the "List ID" of your Mailchimp list (see picture below). Then, several fields will show up. Click on the "First Name" box. From the pop-up window with options, select "name".
- Scroll down for a bit, then click on the "Email Address" box. Select "email_address" from the pop-up window. Then click on "OK"
- Important: By default, Integromat will pause a scenario if it encounters an error (such as an invalid email address or an duplicate email address) when transferring data between the apps connected.
This isn't ideal. Since fans may engage with multiple of your songs over time and since you cannot be online all the time to check the status of your Integromat scenario, we need to update this scenario so that your email transfer will not automatically be paused. To do so, we'll need to add another module.
Right click on the Mailchimp icon and select "Add error handler".
- Select "Ignore". Then click on the "Left Arrow" icon on the upper left of the screen to save your changes.
- Lastly, lick on the "ON/OFF" icon on the upper right. Then click on the "Activate" button on the next prompt.
And done! You did it!
Once a fan completed all the gate steps in your Download Gate, the email address entered will automatically be sent to your contact list in MailChimp.
Important: Integromat is a free tool and may not process all webhooks instantly. That means it can take a few minutes and sometimes hours for your email address to show up in your email marketing tool (e.g., Mailchimp).
Congrats on completing this setup! And if you still need help, please reach out to our support team. Just go to hypeddit.com and click on the Support/Contact options at the top of the page or in the footer of the page to send us a message.