If you have trouble connecting your custom domain to Hypeddit, please check the troubleshooting tips, tricks and resources below.
- Check your DNS settings: Log into your Hypeddit Account Settings and open the Custom Domain settings. Watch the video in Step 3 and ensure your DNS settings in Cloudflare match the instructions in the video.
- Double-check spelling of your CNAME record: Yes... sounds a little funny... but this has happened :) Please double check that you spelled "domains.hypeddit.com" correctly in your CNAME record pointing your subdomain to us (not hyppedit... not hypedddit...)
- Check your nameserver settings: Log into your domain registrar around (this is where you registered your domain) and check that you updated your name servers to point to the name servers provided by Cloudflare. (To look up the name servers again, just log into Cloudflare, select your domain and click on DNS in the top navigation.)
- Check your encryption mode: Log into Cloudflare, select your domain and click on SSL/TLS in the top navigation. Your encryption mode should be set to "Full". If any of the other options is selected, please set your encryption mode to "Full" now.
- Check the status of your Edge/SSL certificate: Log into Cloudflare, select your domain, click on SSL/TSL in the top navigation and then click on "Edge Certificates" from the sub-menu. The status of the certificate shown for your domain should be "active".
- Give it time: This might sound like it's not much of a tip... but if you verified that your settings are correct, then most times you just need to give it a few hours for your settings to fully propagate (update) across the internet.
- If you registered your domain with Wix: Wix does not currently allow users to change the nameserver settings for domains registered on Wix. You can, however, transfer your domain to a different registrar (such as GoDaddy, Namecheap, Google Domains, Domain.com, BlueHost, etc.) that provides you with full access to your domain settings, and then point your domain back to Wix (so your website works) + Hypeddit. Please read a step-by-step guid here.
- If you registered your domain with Bandzoogle: Bandzoogle does not currently allow users to change the nameserver settings for domains registered on Bandzoogle. Bandzoogle also doesn't allow you to connect an external domain to Bandzoogle without pointing to their name servers. Because of those limitations, your best option for setting up a custom domain on Hypeddit is to use or register a different domain with a registrar that provides you with full access to your domain settings (such as GoDaddy, Namecheap, Google Domains, Domain.com, BlueHost, etc.). For example, if you own mydomain.com you could register mydomain.net or mydomainofficial.com to use for any Smart Links, Pre-Saves or Download Gates.
For help with any other custom domain issues not listed here, please contact our support team directly. Just go to hypeddit.com and click on the Support/Contact options at the top of the page or in the footer of the page to send us a message.