Are you looking to share a secret link with your fans as a reward for following you, liking or pre-saving your music?
Link Gates are a great way to do all of this !
Link Gates are similar to Download Gates. The difference is that fans don't unlock a file download - instead they unlock a "secret link" to anything you want to share!
That means you can get new fans, followers, likes, pre-saves are more anytime a fan unlocks your Link Gate!
Here are a few ideas of exclusive content you can share to grow your fanbase with the new Link Gate:
- A secret streaming link
- An unreleased video
- A coupon code for your merch
- A link to a contest that you host
- A special offer or a reward
- A link for fans to submit a demo track to you
- An exclusive version of your track
- A donation campaign
- And much more!
Link Gates extremely flexible. You can share any secret link or content to reward fans for follows, likes, reposts, pre-saves and more.
Here's how easily to create one:
- On your Hypeddit dashboard, click on "Share Music" in the top navigation. Then, click on the green "Select" button next to the "Link Gates" option.
- Start setting up your Link Gate by entering your "Artist name" and "Link tile"
- Then, enter your "Secret Link". This can be a link to your track, a link to your website, your merch store, your social profiles, a private YouTube video, and many more.
You can also click on "Preview URL" to make sure that the link you entered works.
- You can choose the text for the unlock button fans will see first when visiting your Link Gate. Just click on the drop-down and select the button title that best matches the content you share with you Link Gate.
- Customize the design of your Link Gate to best match your artist branding.
You can upload your cover art image (minimum of 500 x 500 pixels and maximum of 2,000 x 2,000 pixels) or use a video from YouTube, Vimeo or Wistia as cover art.
You can also set the color theme of your page. Select the light or dark presets - or use custom colors.
You can also remove the Hypeddit logo and add social media icons/links to this page.
When you completed your design settings, click "Next".
- Next, set up the Gate Steps. These are the steps you're asking fans to complete in order to unlock your secret link.
To add Gate Steps to your Link Gate (e.g., Spotify, YouTube, SoundCloud, and more), simply click on the "+" icon next to it from the list of Gate Steps. Then enable any actions that you want to include in your Gate Step by putting a check mark beside it (e.g., for Spotify, select from 'follow', 'save', 'pre-save', and more).
Some Gate Steps include a yellow info icon. In such case, hover your mouse over the info icon to see additional information about how that particular Gate Step works.
If you add multiple Gate Steps, you can control if you want to let fans pick which steps they want to complete in order to unlock your gate or if you want them to complete all steps.
You can control this by connecting Gate Steps with an "And" or "Or" rule (see pic below).
Here is what these rules mean:
"And" - fans needs to unlock both steps in order to proceed.
"Or" - fans can unlock either step to proceed.
- You can set when your Link Gate will be available to fans. You can set it to a "Scheduled" release or make "Public" as soon as you create the Link Gate.
- If you have included the "Email Capture" Gate Step, you can setup an Email Promotion to send an automatic email promoting one of your Download Gates to fans who will unlock your Link Gate.
- You can also setup your Tracking Pixels using Facebook ads or Google Ads.
- On the Confirmation step, you can check the information you just entered and add "Custom Notes" if needed so you can easily identify your Link Gate among others on your Hypeddit Dashboard. Once done, click on "Create".
And that's it!
You can now share your Link Gate URL with the world to reach and get more fans for your music.
And if you need more help, please reach out to our support team. Just go to hypeddit.com and click on the Support/Contact options at the top of the page or in the footer of the page to send us a message.