Pre-Release Smart Links ("Pre-Saves") are simple landing pages for your music that let your fans pre-save your upcoming release to their music libraries on Spotify, Apple Music and other platforms - before the actual release date!
Music that has been pre-saved by a fans will automatically appear in their music libraries on Spotify, Apple Music, etc. on release day. This gives artists an opportunities to get an instant boost in listeners, streams and saves.
Creating a Pre-Release Smart Link ("Pre-Save") with Hypeddit is very easy. Here's how:
- Login to your Hypeddit account and click on "Share Music". Then click on the green "Select" button next to the Pre-Release Smart Link option.
- Enter the URL/URI/UPC/ISRC of your upcoming track (you can get this from your distributor's web portal).
You can also select "Enter Later" if you don't have it yet. You can edit your Pre-Release Smart Link ("Pre-Save") and update it any time before your release date.
Then, click "Next".
- Set the "Release Date" of your track. Then, click "Next".
- Select the genre of your track. You can search for it in the search box or browse through the list below.
Hypeddit uses the genre information internally to organize music for our Top 100 Charts and New Releases by genre. Just pick the genre that's closest to your musical style. The genre setting will NOT impact the performance of your pre-save.
Then, click "Next"
- Enter your "Artist Name" and track "Title". Then, click "Next"
- Customize the design of your Pre-Release Smart Link ("Pre-Save") to best match your artist branding.
You can upload your cover art image (minimum of 500 x 500 pixels and maximum of 2,000 x 2,000 pixels) or use a video from YouTube, Vimeo or Wistia as cover art.
You can also set the color theme of your page. Select the light or dark presets - or use custom colors.
You can also remove the Hypeddit logo and add social media icons/links to this page.
When you completed your design settings, click "Next".
- Select for which music platform you'd like to offer pre-saves (Spotify, Apple Music, etc.).
Important: You do NOT need to enter a URL here. Hypeddit will automatically find and insert the link to your release if you put a URL/URI/UPC/ISRC in the "Source" section on top of the page (as described in step #2 above) and if the autoscan feature is active with a green light (see picture below).
Next, select which additional features you would like to activate. Options include
- Automatic fan email address capture so that you can build your email list
- Redirect fans after pre-save so that you can send fans to more of your music
- Add fans to profiles or playlists so that you can automatically grow your fanbase
- And more... Then, click "Next"
- Set up an audio preview so fans can check out your music when visiting your Pre-Release Smart Link ("Pre-Save") page.
Click on the drop-down box and select the source of your track preview. For unreleased tracks without an available Spotify preview, we recommend you select "Other" and enter a track URL from YouTube or SoundCloud as a preview.
Then, click "Next".
- If you run ads for your music, you can set up your tracking pixels from Facebook Ads or Google Ads in the "Tracking Pixels" section.
Then, click "Next".
- In the "Confirmation" step, you can double check the key settings of your Pre-Release Smart Link ("Pre-Save").
To make any changes, you can go back to any of the previous steps and update as needed.
You can also mark your Pre-Release Smart Link ("Pre-Save") with a custom note. Custom notes are only visible to you. They will show up on your Hypeddit dashboard and help you keep organized in case you set up multiple links for the same release.
Finally, click "Create".
And you're done!
You can now share your Pre-Release Smart Link ("Pre-Save") URL with the world to reach and get more fans for your music.
Wanna know how many pre-saves you got and what your fan's favorite music platforms are?
Your Pre-Release Smart Link ("Pre-Save") has the data! Just go to your Hypeddit dashboard and select the "Smart Links" tab. This will show you all of your Smart Links and Pre-Release Smart Links ("Pre-Saves") with statistics on overall fan engagement and clicks/saves per music platform and store.
Congrats on launching your pre-save!
And if you need more help, please reach out to our support team. Just go to hypeddit.com and click on the Support/Contact options at the top of the page or in the footer of the page to send us a message.